Monday, January 22, 2007

Coon Slug Madness in the 716

On my recent trip back to 14224 I noticed that Buffalo and it's surrounding areas have gone absolutely banana slugs for the Sabres new logo!!!
Now I've been out of the area for awhile and did not fully grasp the magnitude of this Coon Slug Madness. Slug magnets, pens, cups, mini jerseys, towels, toothbrush holders and toilet paper....CRAZY!! I think it's wonderful how the region is supporting the team but how many Coon Slugs would we see if the Sabres were bottom feeders in the NHL? I only ask this because it seems it is almost to the point of a fad with how many people are wearing the slug, a fashion trend like peacock bangs, Skidz and Zubas pants.
Wearing my slug appearal makes me feel good I am supporting the team I grew up watching but on the other side of the token when I see teeny boppers, toddlers and soccer moms that don't give a flyin fluff about the team wearing their slugs, well it just makes me feel trendy and I feel like I'm being observed to be a bandwagoner fan.
While I'm on the topic of the fair weather bandwagoneers here's a message to them

Don't boo the team if they have difficulty on a powerplay or two, in fact don't boo a 1st place team at all. This team is probably one of if not the best team Buffalo has ever seen so just because your used to booing the pitiful Buffalo Bills don't boo the Sabres. (most fair weather bandwagoneers are Bills fans that have been disappointed yet another year by Ralph Wilson's poorly run franchise)

I guess there is no solution to feeling trendy but to know your not

Bring back the Goathead for weekend games or something!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: